June 7 – 14, 2015
SIP, SEA, SUN & STITCH
Featuring Karen Gibbs
Cruise sponsored by:
Soak up the sun – stitch on a fabulous new project – sip your favorite frozen cocktail – and enjoy amazing days at sea. Our days at sea will be filled with quilting a project designed by Karen specifically for this cruise. Our days in port will give you opportunities to explore, learn of the history and culture of the islands, get a taste of the local delicacies, and lie on a beach somewhere if you choose.
About the Educator:
Born in Wisconsin, definitely a “Cheesehead”! Now living in Upstate New York! Karen has 3 kids from where she draws her inspiration. Karen started quilting when she worked at Eagle’s Eye, where she designed for 3 seasons, researching the Market, collecting sample fabrics – printed velvets, wool flannels, etc. She is self taught and she ventures occasionally into areas of quilting that are a little non-traditional. She has been a longarm quilter for approximately 13 years. Learn more about Karen by clicking on one of these links:
Let’s Quilt – Start to Finish! Karen is designing a new, fun project specifically for this cruise. The project will involve the whole process – from the colors you choose, fabrics, piecing, and the quilting all meant to showcase the quilt.
- 7 June: Depart Ft. Lauderdale at 4pm
- 8 June: Cruising and Quilting Day at Sea
- 9 June: San Juan, Puerto Rico from 4pm to 11pm
- 10 June: Philipsburg, St. Maarten from 10am to 7pm
- 11 June: Basseterre, St. Kitts from 7am to 5pm
- 12 June: Cruising and Quilting Day at Sea
- 13 June: Cruising and Quilting Day at Sea
- 14 June: Arrive Ft. Lauderdale at 7am
About the Ship:
We will be sailing onboard Royal Caribbean’s Independence of the Seas. This beautiful ship was launched in May 2008. She holds up to 3634 passengers, with 1360 crew members. She is the third ship in the spectacular Freedom class ships. From sunrise to sunset and around every corner, there’s something exciting for you to do. Try the rock-climbing wall. How about a swim or a relaxing massage? Better yet, try your luck at Caribbean Stud Poker, attend an art auction, or turn it out dancing in a nightclub. And don’t forget the nightly entertainment.
Features of this ship include:
- Vitality Spa – extensive treatment menu including medi-spa and acupuncture
- 4 pools, including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat
- 6 whirlpools, two of them cantilevered overlooking the ocean
- State of the Art Fitness center
- Library and Card Room
- Poolside, outdoor movie scxreen
- FlowRider Surf simulator – try surfing or boogie boarding
- Rock-Climbing Wall
- Ice-skating rink – including a fabulous ice show
- Full-sized basketball court
- Full-sized boxing ring
- Mini-golf course
- Fabulous dining options, including specialty restaurants like Chops Grille
- Royal Promenade – shops, restaurants, bars, 24 hour pizzeria
7 nights onboard accommodations St. Kitts Island Tour & Visit to Caribelle Batik
All port fees and taxes Group Onboard Activities
Prepaid Onboard Gratuities Group Onboard Dining
Workshops with Karen Gibbs Machines provided by Janome
Complete Project Kits Giveaways, Door Prizes, etc.
Pricing is per person, based on double occupancy. Non-Quilters may deduct $250 from advertised rates. Other categories and occupancy are available upon request.
Interior Stateroom: $2099 Oceanview Stateroom: $2249 Balcony Stateroom: $2449
$500 deposit per person due at time of registration
Final balance due no later than March 15, 2015
**Trip/Travel Insurance through Travel Guard will be quoted by email following the original deposit.
***Cancellation Fees Apply beginning January 1, 2015 (see Terms and Conditions when registering for details)